Alissa joined h+ha in the summer of 2007 after completing a degree from Samford University in Interior Design.
While attending Samford University, Alissa developed critical skills in the field of Interior Design. The Interior Design program offered a wide range of courses in commercial and residential design. Alissa's minor in Art provided a strong background in understanding the key elements of art and design as well as the history of architecture and design.
At Samford, Alissa was an active member of the Samford University Interior Design Organization and participated in such activities as The Festival of Trees, benefiting Birmingham's Children's Hospital, and the non-profit redesign of Brighton Elementary School's media center.
Alissa's experience at h+ha includes a wide variety of project types including healthcare, financial, corporate, retail, and education. Alissa understands that interior design is a balance of many factors - aesthetics, programming, budget, and constructability. She approaches each project with the objective to provide a creative and functional solution that will fulfill the goals and needs of the client.
- Samford University: Homewood, Alabama Bachelor of Arts in Interior Design and a Minor in Art - 2006 Magna Cum Laude
Professional & Civic Affiliations:
- International Interior Design Association - Associate Member
- Hands on Birmingham - Project Homeless Connect Volunteer
- Habitat for Humanity - Volunteer
- Festival of Trees - Former Contributor
- Indian Springs First Baptist Church - Preschool Ministry Teacher